Re: request for VMware image of Etch beta 3 release minimal netinstall

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 09:34:23AM -0400, Stephen Yorke wrote:
   > But this site only creates the VMX file for you...it does not actually
   > build the Virtual Machine for you or am I mistaken?

Yes. It can create/build the virtual machine along with the vmdk files,
etc. We need to download that and proceed with the installation of the
OS of our choice.

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 10:34:45PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
   >    > Jon Dowland wrote:
   >    > > I've failed to install Etch inside vmware player
   >    >
   >    > It's my understanding that you can't create virtual machines using
   >    > VMware Player -- you need to buy VMware Workstation (or better).
   >    >
I was answering the above statement that one needed VMWare Workstation
to 'create' a virtual machine. I just pointed out that it was not the
case.

Alternately, one can also use qemu to 'create' a virtual machine for
VMWare. I think easyvmx does this behind the scene.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

If a fool persists in his folly he shall become wise.
		-- William Blake