Re: apt bug 388708

On Monday 02 October 2006 21:56, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> On Monday 02 October 2006 22:32, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> > > Hello Francesco,
> > >
> > > I had the same problem last week-end (please see recent thread 'apt-get
> > > : unable to parse package file' on the same mailing list).
> > >
> > > Problem was resolved by installing 0.6.45, and re-installing 0.6.46.
> > > (yes..sounds strange...but it works on my system).
> > >
> > > Hope it helps.
> >
> > Hi Bruno:
> >
> > Thank you. I had already tried that way, though I was unable to download
> > 0.6.45. I am not familiar with backports, may be because of that.
> >
> > Once downloaded, I suppose dkpg should be used to install local deb,
> > which automatically deinstalls 0.6.45. And do so as to prevent 0.6.45 be
> > updated.
> >
> > I find it curious that Debian was not active in informing his adepts on
> > its package manager not working.
> >
> > cheers
> > francesco
> >
> > > Ciao,
> > > Bruno
>
> Hi Francesco,
>
> you can download 0.6.45 from snapshot.debian.net
> Install it with dpkg.

Surely my fault, nonetheless unable to get that package from
snapshot.debian.net

Not found
no package found 'apt_0.6.45_i386.deb'
http://snapshot.debian.net/
Debian Project / Debian JP Project
ukai@debian.org / ukai@debian.or.jp

I tried different "spelling" with same result.

Not everyone finds the time to become expert in Debian matter. I have enough
with organic chemistry. Becaule hurried by the preparation of presentations,
is anyone so kind to indicate exactly how to get that deb package, or even
better set it in his server? It would be great service.

Thank you again
francesco