Downgrading OpenOffice

Since rc2-1 is broken beyond any operation, I put in rc1-1 which had worked.

Results:
1. Got the spreadsheets back.
2. Can read and edit a document only if I run soffice.bin explicitely.
3. Can export and reimport RTF but cannot any other RTF from before.
4. Can read doc files using soffice.bin explicitely. If I have not had any
crashes yet running openoffice, doc files will open with this.

How do I procede to get the downgrade working the way it was before .... ??

BTW. Yes, I know, it's "unstable" but a simple read file, do something, save,
reread and such should be the minimum regression test for any "office"
product, don't you think?