Re: Debian install and swap

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 05:16:45 -0400 (EDT)
Ishwar Rattan <ishwar@pali.cps.cmich.edu> wrote:

> The system is a debian derivative. hdb2 is a primary
> partition for Linux swap. /etc/fstab has the entry:
>
> /dev/hdb2	none	swap	sw	0	0

The entry looks fine to me. The entry my Debian unstable system looks
like this:

/dev/hda8       none            swap    sw              0       0

If you issue the command in a terminal window:

cat /proc/swaps

: what does it tell you?

If it is not mounted I would use fdisk or cfdisk to check that the
partition type actually was set to linux swap, and change it if it
isn't. And then format it with the mkswap command.

Later, Seeker