Re: Which package does hardware detection?

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 06:25:43PM -0500, Kent West wrote:

> What's the proper Debian package nowadays for auto-detecting/setup of
> hardware? (I also tried udev, but it complains about needing a newer
> kernel; the kernel was not replaced in my tinkering as mentioned above.)

How up-to-date is the kernel?  udev should be the right tool, and if it
complains about the kernel version, a new kernel might be in order.  The
debian one in unstable should work with the udev in unstable, as should
(as I use) a sufficiently recent 2.6 kernel.org one.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
You can't get there from here.