Re: Music notation

On 8/24/06, José Alburquerque <jaalburquerque@cox.net> wrote:
Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> Does anyone know another open-source notation program that supports
> advanced modern notation and will let me see the score while editing?
>
> Thanks.
> -Chuckk

Have you looked at rosegarden (Saw this program a while ago and sort of
liked it!)?  Not sure if it will make a difference for you, but below is
their link.  If you want to try, just "apt-get install rosegarden" at
root prompt.

Yeah, I have been using it, actually, but my teacher wants to see a
printed score that can be edited arbitrarily.  Like, if a slur mark
should be a little higher, I can make it a little higher, or if a
triplet bracket should be at a slightly different angle, etc.
Rosegarden will be great for making the recordings for her to hear,
but she's kind of a drill sergeant about notation.

-Chuckk

http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."