Re: Music notation

Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

So Noteedit allows mouse control, but many advanced notation
possibilities aren't supported; Lilypond supports all sorts of things,
but I can't see my score and adjust positions of articulation symbols,
etc, with the mouse.  The noteedit mailing list suggested starting
with noteedit, and then adding fine points in Lilypond.  This is kind
of time-consuming, but I figured I could do it once a semester.
Then I realized my teacher wants to see the music I've written printed
out every week, and gives me very specific instructions to change
layouts for certain things.

This puts me in a tough spot, because I have to write a lot this year,
and I hate to have to use two notation programs every week, and I hate
to try to compose using Linux and then switch to Windows to notate.
I'd also hate to do all my composing in Windows and then use Linux to
make recordings.  I would end up just doing it all in Windows.

Does anyone know another open-source notation program that supports
advanced modern notation and will let me see the score while editing?

Thanks.
-Chuckk

Have you looked at rosegarden (Saw this program a while ago and sort of liked it!)? Not sure if it will make a difference for you, but below is their link. If you want to try, just "apt-get install rosegarden" at root prompt.

http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque