Re: now for ssh

This is easy PuTTY and WinSCP - they both can
https-tunnel web-proxies :-) Just add the line

       Port 443

to your /etc/ssh/sshd_config

and then just use PuTTY under windows:
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe

   1) Enter the port 443 instead of 22 there
   2) Specify the HTTP Proxy

Regards
Alex

On 8/23/06, debian <debian@benburb.demon.co.uk> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 02:05:22PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
Ah, bullseye Kent.  Thanks a lot.  I was able to get the details and
set up a proxy in Firefox.  Now I can browse and download files no
problem.

Any ideas how I can get ssh to work.  From this site it used to be
that I could ssh to my home machine no bother.  But, whatever it is
they have configured in their firewall, I can no longer do this.
(Usually I use a web based ssh client and I get connection refused.)

--
http://preferans.de