Re: now for ssh

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 05:20:17PM +0100, debian wrote:

> Any ideas how I can get ssh to work.  From this site it used to be
> that I could ssh to my home machine no bother.  But, whatever it is
> they have configured in their firewall, I can no longer do this.
> (Usually I use a web based ssh client and I get connection refused.)

You can setup something like Anyterm on your server.  It basically uses
some AJAX or AJAX-like tricks to get a pretty decent terminal emulator
into a web page.  Many web-based ssh programs are Java applets, which
are downloaded to your brower's host and then must connect out via port
22, which may be blocked.  Anyterm runs inside of apache and if you can
connect via port 443 to your server, then you are good to go.  If you
are not already running apache on port 443 and have no future need to do
so, then you can just make sshd listen on port 443 by adding a new
Listen directive to /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez