Re: Minimum to start NFS client

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 11:27:05PM +0200, Andreas Rippl wrote:

> Also, are the various daemons (portmap, mountd etc) running properly?

Portmap is running, but mountd isn't part of nfs-common, it's part of
nfs-kernel-server. Since I only want to run the client, should I have to
run the server too? That was part of my original question; if it's
*necessary*, then it seems like a bug to not include all the needed
binaries in the non-server package.

--
Unabashedly littering the information superhighway with detritus like
this for over 15 years now.