Re: Open Source Supported Graphics Cards

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 10:50, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> For open source graphics adapter support take a look at
> http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/

 This was my starting point to make the comments about Intel and Matrox that I
did.  Most of what is supported is so old, you can't buy stuff today -
especially if you need a new motherboard for the core 2 duo.

Where that gets me to is that the best supported stuff seems to be Intel
950GMA - but that I might get by with a Radeon X300 or similar.
--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk