Re: Problem with xmms in testing and unstable

2006. August 4. 18:38, Dougie Nisbet:
> I've noticed a problem after doing a dist-upgrade to testing. xmms
> now hangs occasionally. It's rather difficult to pin down but it
> appears to be when there is a song change. What happens is that when
> moving to the next song, the xmms display freezes, but the song plays
> until the end, at which point it stops. I can't click on any of the
> controls and it needs a kill to close it. It sometimes runs for a few
> hours if left alone. It's usually when I'm skipping 'B' through a
> tracklist that the freeze happens. As I say, it doesn't happen under
> sarge. I've been closing down a few of the plug-ins to see if that
> makes any difference but no joy.
>
> Dougie
Hi!

I had a similar problem with xmms. I'm using the crossfade plugin and
after a few xmms upgrades it started to hang occasionally. I had to
recompile the crossfade plugin with the xmms-dev package and now it
works fine.

HTH,

Daniel

--