Re: chroot doesn't work, among other things.

"David R. Litwin" <presently42@gmail.com> writes:

> On 04/08/06, Roger Leigh <rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org> wrote:
>
>     "David R. Litwin" <presently42@gmail.com> writes:
>
>     > I'm having some troubles with chroot. Giving chroot /mnt/hda3 after
>     > mount /dev/ hda3 /mnt/hda3 tells me Floating Point Exception.
>
>     Please post an exact transcript, so we can see what happens.
>     script(1) can do this.
>

> Not sure what script is supposed to do, nor how to use
> it.

Did you try reading the manual page?  Just type script and run the
program.

>     Also, install strace, and run "strace -f -F -o /tmp/log chroot
>     /mnt/hda3" and check the results of the log.  Put it up for download
>     somewhere, and we can take a look at it.
>
> http://pastebin.ca/115013

It's failing after executing /bin/bash, during bash startup.  The
chroot command itself completed successfully, as you can see.  Please
try mounting procfs on /proc inside the chroot location and see if
this makes any difference.

Also, please provide the details about the hardware you are using.

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh
   `-    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848   Please sign and encrypt your mail.