Re: chroot doesn't work, among other things.

"David R. Litwin" <presently42@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm having some troubles with chroot. Giving chroot /mnt/hda3 after
> mount /dev/ hda3 /mnt/hda3 tells me Floating Point Exception.

Please post an exact transcript, so we can see what happens.
script(1) can do this.

Also, install strace, and run "strace -f -F -o /tmp/log chroot
/mnt/hda3" and check the results of the log.  Put it up for download
somewhere, and we can take a look at it.

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh
   `-    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848   Please sign and encrypt your mail.