Re: 2.6 upgrade left machine unbootable

I also note that during boot up the SATA disks now seem to be labelled hda
(etc) - they used to be sda (etc). Despite changing that on the GRUB boot
line I still cannot log in. I do (or did?!) have a nVidia module but I
presume that is not the issue since the boot doesn't get far enough to
load X etc.

Can anybody advise on how to fix this? Thanks, Michael
as a first instance, i'd probably try to boot some live cd and change the relevant information in /etc/fstab. live cd should give you the names of the harddrives correctly...

regards,

--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net