Re: CUPS dependencies

Carl Fink wrote:

> I've filed a bug, no response so far from the maintainer.

According to that bug report, you have a bog-standard LaserJet. So why not install lprng and magicfilter? First remove as many CUPS-related packages as the system will let you (most probably it will not let you remove all of them; that was what my original post was about, not really about the relative merits of CUPS and lprng by themselves). Then run magicfilterconfig once as root and you're set.

You might have to put "export SAL_DISABLE_CUPS=1" in /etc/openoffice/openoffice.conf, but I believe this is not necessary any more in the latest versions of openoffice.

Regards, Jan