Re: Cron-job

Hello Henning!

> I have a php-site on which I want to send periodic mails out.
> I want cron to schedule that, but I don't know how to get cron to
> manage that.
> I have my own Linux-box on which I put the line
> lynx http://blabla.com/mailscript.php
> but on my hosted webserver, there are obviously no lynx, cause it don't
> work.
> Then what?
> A perl or python script?
> Anyone who can help me?
Which PHP.
You can check when the last mail was send and than send a new one. And
you can put it in our website. And when anyone view this side that
script will run and do what you want.

Example (which not works)
index.php
<?php

	// Read last timestamp
	$file_name = "last_mail";
	$file = fopen($file_name, "r+");
	$content = fread($file, filesize($filename));

	$time = time();
	if($file[0] >= $time + $diff) {
		include "mailscript.php";

		// Write time back to file
		fseek($file, 0);
		fwrite($file, $time);
	}

	fclose($file);

?>

CU

  Michael

--
    ,''`.   Michael Ott, e-mail: michael at zolnott dot de
   : :' :   Debian SID on Thinkpad T43: