Re: splashy with testing

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 08:23:44AM +0200, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> anyone succesfully installed splashy? i followed the installation
> instructions on the splashy page, ie.,
> added
> 	deb http://splashy.alioth.debian.org/debian unstable main
> to sources.list then performed
> 	aptitude update
> 	aptitude install splashy splashy-themes
> however it reports that such packages do not exist. i also tried apt-get
> install with -t unstable, but no change...
>
> what am i missing here? the packages themselves are accessible on alioth...
>
> thanks for any hints. with best regards,
>
> --
> Lubos _@_"
> http://www.lubos.vrbka.net

Hi,

The packages seem to be in there, but the Packages file does not have
an entry for them. So I think that aptitude does not "see" the packages.

You could download the packages and install them manually with
'dpkg -i filename.deb'.

According to the http://packages.debian.org/unstable/graphics/ the
packages seem to be already in the sid repository, so you could add
the unstable into your sources.list and install them from there.

HTH,
Simo
--
:r ~/.signature