Re: Target filesystem doesnt have /sbin/init

Brent Clark wrote:
Hi

Yesterday I run apt-get install linux-image.2.6.17 (average idea of the command).

Obviously all dependants etc were satisfied and this morning on rebooting my machine boot and then fell on a busybox screen.

I wrote the messages down, but I hope someone can help me with this and this is the second time this has happened. Im upgrading from 2.6.8 and I run testing on my machine.

Begin moutning root file system
Begin Running /scripts/local-top
Done
Begin Running /scripts/local-premount
Done
mount: mounting /dev/root on /root failed No such device
Begin Running /scripts/local-bottom
Done
Done
Begin running /scripts/init-bottom
mount: mounting /root/dev/ on /dev.static/dev/ failed No such file or device
mount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed no such file or device
Target filesystem doesnt have /sbin/init

My question is, when on reinstalling debian and installing 2.6.17 and this happens again.

My question is, how or what do I edit to force it to work.

If anyone can assit, this would greatfully be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Brent

Looks like script init in initrd.img can't mount root fs in ur system.
The init script will get root= in boot param as root. So check if u get right param when boot up kernel. BTW, If I'm right, local script will wait for 1800s before root device setup, did u really wait so long?

--
与其相濡以沫,不如相忘于江湖