Re: autofs only mounting one fs at a time.

On 06.07.06 13:41, wehn wrote:
> I set up autofs for automounting with help of:
> http://greenfly.net/tips/autofs.html
>
> But I can only mount the 1st parition of the first device I insert. Does
> anyone know what is wrong?

the idea of using autofs for this purpose :)

autofs is system that allows you automatically mount a directory if you try
to access it. So, autofs only mounts directories if you change them or try
to open them.

> If I insert a USB drive, it mounts /dev/sda1 and is accessable from
> /media/sda1. Insert a second drive and it isn't accessable until the
> first is pulled out. Then it works fine from /media/sdb1. Similar
> problem with multiple partitions, only the first is mountable with
> autofs, others don't work.

use "udev" package for automatic mounting of usb drives.
REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.