Re: rsync weirdness

Le lundi 3 juillet 2006 07:10, Roberto Sanchez a écrit :
> Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > have you lost the rsync-data on the receiving end? I actually use
> > rdiff-backup myself, but istm that if you lose the rsync data on the
> > receiving end, then it will try to sync everything. Maybe I don't
> > understand what you're doing though.
>
> I don't think I have lost the rsync data.  Basically, what I do is:
>
> rsync -nave ssh ~/Documents/stuff/ remote:~/school/stuff/
>
> Even if have changed only one or two files, it still wants to transfer
> everything.

rsync with n and v options always show all files.
It's not the case if you really launch it (without -n).

It is annoying if we want to know what will be transferred before...

In fact, it is impossible for rsync to really know what will be transferred,
appart from really transfer md5sums of all files.
I don't know the real logic behind this, so I stop my suppositions here ;-)