Re: apt-get pinning ? - Sarge / Stable - only install certain/specific packages from "testing"

Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 23:08:43 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 04:00:09PM -0700, Willie Wonka wrote:

> There is a sanity check in the pre-removal script of the kernel image.
> If you try to run
>
> sudo dpkg -r linux-image-$(uname -r)
>
> you will see a dialog with an clear warning about what is going to
> happen if you don't abort this operation. The dialog defaults to the "I
> want my mommy" option, but it will of course allow you to take the "real
> men never need to reboot anyway" route.
>
> If you decide to try this you will probably want to conclude the
> experiment with
>
> echo "linux-image-$(uname -r) install" | dpkg --set-selections
>
> to make dpkg aware of the fact that you were just kidding.

Perhaps after I recover from my recent keyboard nightmare (see last post in
this thread) - I'll try it out ;-) It's going to take _atleast_ a few days ..
try using a system without a working keyboard -- useless! ..I *can* get along
without a rodent, but not without a keyboard..

Regards