Re: config file for bittornado command-line options?

Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:

> > I've been using the bittornado command-line clients on linux and I
> > want to know how to set --max_upload_rate --max_download_rate
> > --minport and --maxport somewhere like a home-directory dotfile so I
> > don't have to remember to set them every time I run the command.
>
> The easiest way is to set an alias in your ~/.bashrc (or the rc file of
> your favourite shell other than bash). Something like
>
> alias btdc="btdownloadcurses --max_upload_rate 10 --minport 10000"
>
> should do. Re-source the rc file ('. ~/.bashrc', mind the dot) and run
> 'btdc http://sometorrent' to try it out.

Are these --minport and --maxport options which default to 10000 and
60000 according to man bittorrent-downloader the values that need to
be port-forwarded as server ports in my firewall?

Most BT docs on the web say to open 6881 through 6889, but I've been
told that bittornado doesn't use these standard ones.

So do I need to set --minport and --maxport and the server port range
on my firewall to the same thing? And do I really need 50000 port
numbers?!

Thanks.