Re: dchroot with sid

Owen Heisler wrote:
> As a workarround, you can set the SU_NO_SHELL_ARGS environment variable
> before calling dchroot, or execute
>         dchroot -- -c "command"
> instead of
>         dchroot -- command
> ___
>
> And you say write a script, so I put the following in ~/go
> ___
> #!/bin/bash
> dchroot -d -c unstable ls
> ___
> but I get the same error when I run "./go".
>
> Thanks for your help!

Hi guys;
I see you got it fixed by downgrading, and I've never even heard of 'dchroot',
nor 'schroot' previously, but may I ask;

Isn't the syntax in that original command, you posted from the bug report
actually telling the command dchroot to *ignore* any following 'options', by
using the ' -- '  syntax, just after the command...IOW

Doesn't this;
>         dchroot -- -c "command"
mean: dchroot, ignore options that follow, then pass to it the -c option (which
it may ignore?), then "command".?

I only ask b/c, I've learned (from lurking about usenet) that this is one trick
that's used to remove filenames that begin with a '-' (hyphen), when using the
'rm' command.

If a file's is "-somefilename" and you want to delete it, use;
'rm -- -somefilename'

Anyway - you both likely already know all this -- just wanted to try to help...

Regards

Owen Heisler wrote:
<snip>