Re: thinkpad suspend/resume woes

No problems with suspend->ram with Debian: stable,test,sid for the last 12 months with T20, 240, 240X and T42. No adds to Grub.

Suse 9.3 and 10.0 works well also, and in addition, suspend->disk works even by closing lid, this on the T42. I am very satisfied with Suse but I still prefer using Debian and can live without ->disk but still hope to get that working.

I have had mixed results with Ubuntu: either ->mem or ->ram work but not both, depending on PC and/or release.

In any case, if pcmcia or usb is connected there may be some problems in suspending or in restoring some functions.