thinkpad suspend/resume woes

Hello

I am using etch (2.6.15) on a thinkpad (x22) and use acpi instead of apm. Now everything works fine except that 'sometimes' the system cannot resume.

What's odd is that the hard disk spins up but the LED (suspend) indicator still keeps blinking and then I have no option except to power cycle. The keyboard also remains unresponsive (i.e., Caps Lock doesnt turn on the light) and since no logs get updated I cannot debug the problem.

Please note that sometimes I can do upto 3-5 suspend/resume cycles without a hitch but other times I cant.

I have already tried kernel parameters like noapic etc. and if I boot straight to shell using init=/bin/bash the I can make the machine suspend/resume any number of times using echo -n mem > /sys/power/state.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

lm_lid.sh...

#!/bin/sh
grep -q closed /proc/acpi/button/lid/*/state
if [ $? = 0 ]
then
       chvt 12

       rmmod uhci-hcd