Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 05:22:56PM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
>
>>Doesn't that make you feel cheap, though?  I mean, I can understand if
>>you are unemployed or if you have fallen on hard times financially.
>>However, I don't particularly like the fact that I and my neighbors
>>(very few of whom have school age children, must are grown up) are
>>*forced* by the government to subsidize education for *everyone else's*
>>children.
>

> Did your neighbours have the opportunity to have a subsidised education
> when they *were* children?
>
> I can't say that I much mind paying so that others can have the same
> advantages I had when I was a child.  Especially when I look around here
> (in Quebec) and notice that the education the children are getting now
> is *much* better than that I had.  Life is improving, despite all the
> doomsayers.

I don't paying either.  That is why I tithe and donate my time an
resources to good local causes.  I am not disputing that.  I am saying
that it is wrong for the government to *force* people to do it, whether
they want to or not.  That is not freedom.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto