Re: Solved: Setting keyboard preferences in Gnome (etch) makes system hang up and prevents loging in from GDM

Here's the part of my xorg.conf:
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"keyboard"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xorg"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"us,lt,ru"
	Option		"XkbOptions"	"grp:lwin_toggle"
EndSection

Hmm... This did not fix the hang for me (unless I goofed in application). Here's what's in this section in my xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier "Keyboard0"
  Driver "keyboard"
  Option "AutoRepeat" "250 30"
  Option "XkbLayout" "us,dvorak"
  Option "XkbOptions" "grp:shift_toggle"
  Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
  Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
EndSection

Now that I'm pasting this into an email, I see that I never enabled the "CoreKeyboard" option. Is that what I'm missing to get past this goofy gnome problem?

I can confirm that it's a problem in gnome itself and not gdm. I've switched over to using Enlightenment as my window manager for now (on its own, not within gnome), and I don't have any issues with gdm as a login screen, session manager, etc.

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
I say to all you criminals out there: Knock off all that evil! -- The Tick