Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

Rich Johnson wrote:
> Er...they also VOTE!

> I, for one, definitely prefer an educated electorate to an ignorant
> one.  It's kinda' important, even though all indications are that
> emotional  arguments usually win.

     Even worse, most people couldn't name their congresscritter or
representatives and certainly couldn't muddle through the Bill of Rights
(forget about the other amendments) or, most importantly of all, accurately
describe what this nation is.

    I'm all for an educated electorate.  That ain't what we got.