Re: firefox very slow since start of Feb

Micha feigin wrote:

Firefox has a serious memory leak issue, esspecially if you open more the one tab. Make sure that your hard disk is not thrashing due to swap usage. I have to restart firefox every few hours due to this problem to cleanup memory.

The memory leak in Firefox comes up a lot on this list. I am sure it comes up equally frequently on other lists, as well. Does anyone know if the Mozilla/Firefox team is doing anything about this. They came out with a new version (1.5) but they haven't fixed this problem. Do we know if they plan to fix this, or are they going to just leave bugs in their software like some other company (who shall remain nameless, here, forevermore).

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com