Re: Perl Programming within Debian

Now, my personal views:

Perl is the Visual Basic of the open source world. It's possible to write
good Perl code, but the structure and facilities of the language encourage
bad habits and unreadable code. If you want to learn an open source
scripting language, learn Ruby or Python. I prefer Ruby, but either one
will encourage better programming discipline than Perl. The information
about Perl I gave above pretty much applies to Ruby and Python as well. Any
of them are just an apt-get away.

What about Rexx ?