Migration from Debian/powerpc to Debian/i386

Hi,

I'm currently using Debian on an iMac G5. Everything is alright but I have to hand the computer over to another user and I will get a PC in return.

I'm not sure what would be the best path to follow to recreate my debian environment in the new machine. I cannot repackage packages because the architecture is different,but maybe there is an automatic tool to save the configuration and the list of packages.

On top of that, I don't know if things like MySQL databases can be simply copied or if I should export/import them. Is there a way to know if a package data is platform independent? (little/big endian issues and things like that).

Thanks, Eduardo.