Re: Apt-get install to alternate directory

On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 02:48:55PM -0500, George Hein wrote:
>  you could also chroot into
> >/target and run apt from inside the chroot.
> >
> I tried the chroot apt-get and it does work partially.
> Some updates appear to run, but others, especially the kernel and
> initrd.img fail to start/complete.

again, what is your goal here?

It looks like you are trying to install a full system into /target. if
so, see the debian install manual: the chapter about using
debootstrap. there is more information in there that will help you.

specifically though (its been a while since i've done this), you need
to mount proc and probably dev inside the chroot to get a kernel
installed.