specifying gcc arguments

Hi,

When manually building applications in Debian (kernel, other packages) using
utilities (make-kpkg, others) is there any configuration file I can specify my
optimizations for, so that every time I do a build, I don't have to do things
like:

$ MAKEFLAGS="mtune=pentium-m" make-kpkg .....

Maybe something that I read about Gentoo of modifying the /etc/make.conf. Do we
have something similar ?

Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf