Re: Re: Lynx on Etch ( on utf-8 )

>rjnoe@xs4all.nl wrote:
>
>> Thank you for that. In the mean time I found the answer to my last
>> question: how to get unicode keyboard input on a console as user:
>
>>         kbd_mode -u
>>
>> I just tried this: create a file in lynx with a name with accented
>> characters: works. But bookmarked it does not show correctly. But maybe
>> that is not what you talk about.
>
>That could be an analogous issue, but not the same.
>
>Older lynx's didn't specify the charset in the header of the bookmark file.
>
>It does now, but a quick check seems to show it's using the display
>charset for that (perhaps not what one would want).
>
>> Anyway, I can go ahead for the moment.
>
>> Thanks again // Jasper.
>
>no problem
>
>--
>Thomas E. Dickey
>http://invisible-island.net
>ftp://invisible-island.net

Well, I read today Markus Kuhn's page on unicode.
Interesting.
If I understand it well I can have filenames with chinese characters in it.

What I have done now:

kbd_mode -u in .bashrc

and all settings of charsets etc. in lynx.cfg to utf-8

And that seems to work well.

And then the bookmarkfile: if I change it's characterset to utf-8, it
-looks- better, but bookmarking of a name with an accent looks weird.

Anyway, I understand that this conversion to utf is one big fight, you
have to break things to buid things.

// Jasper.