Re: pppoe configuration - unable to ping outside

Anuj Singh wrote the following on 25.12.2006 06:28:

<snip>

> I have eth0 connected to my adsl router and eth1 to my local network.
> I configured my adsl with pppoeconf, logs shows me I am connected, and
> ifconfig gives me ppp0 address too.

I you use a router to connect over dsl, this router will do the pppoe
connection for you. On your computer you only have to activate dhcp
(usually) or static ip via ethernet.

remove the pppoe package completly (including startscripts + config)

<snip>

computer --> via "normal" ethernet  -->  router -->  pppoe --> isp

> regards
> anuj

HTH Thilo