Re: personal .bashrc

On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 10:53:27AM +0100, Lorenzo Bettini wrote......

> >I remember that the files are read like
> >
> >/etc/profile - > ~/.bash_profile -> ~/.bashrc -> ~./profile
> >
> >but the bashrc file should be created by default without you
> >having to insert it..
>
> that's what I thought too, but neither .bashrc nor .bash_profile
> were created automatically...

Check your /etc/skel/ directory, remembering that you won't be able
to see what is listed there (in terms of dot files) unless you use a
command like 'ls -la'.

The files you have in this directory are the files that are
automatically inserted into $HOME whenever you create a new user.
Edit them, and all *new* users created will get these edited files
upon user creation.

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941