Re: personal .bashrc

I remember that the files are read like

/etc/profile - > ~/.bash_profile -> ~/.bashrc -> ~./profile

but the bashrc file should be created by default without you having to
insert it..

On 12/25/06, Lorenzo Bettini <bettini@dsi.unifi.it> wrote:
Hi

on the standard user's home I use everyday I have the .bashrc file that
is read upon login.

Now I created a brand new user (with adduser), but the .bashrc file I
inserted in his home is never read upon login...  in /etc/profile and
/etc/bash.profile the .bashrc is actually never read...  so how does it
work?

thanks in advance
        Lorenzo

| Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134      |
| PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze      |
| Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)   |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it                        |
| http://tronprog.blogspot.com  BLOG                  |
| http://www.purplesucker.com Deep Purple Cover Band  |
| http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite            |