Re: Re: Lynx on Etch ( Ready ? )

>rjnoe@xs4all.nl wrote:
>>>>

>>>Lynx (-cur) on Etch: I don't get any characters with accents ! They are
>>>left out and then another character might get lost as well, for instance
>>>on the bottom of google.com there is a copyright-sign and then '2006',
>>>which results in '206'.
>
>> Got that one: o for options, Display Charset: Unicode( utf-8 ). It's
>> there, I previously overlooked it.
>
>> Then the next option: Assumed document characterset: can also be set to
>> utf-8.
>
>Also see the option "Use locale-based character set", which (when set)
>overrides the Display Charset, and can be a little less cumbersome to
>make lynx display as expected in xterm (non-UTF-8) and uxterm (UTF-8).
>
>However - lynx doesn't accept _keyboard_ input in UTF-8 (something that
>I'd like to do - between fixing bugs ;-)
>
>--
>Thomas E. Dickey
>http://invisible-island.net
>ftp://invisible-island.net

Thank you for that. In the mean time I found the answer to my last
question: how to get unicode keyboard input on a console as user:

        kbd_mode -u

I just tried this: create a file in lynx with a name with accented
characters: works. But bookmarked it does not show correctly. But maybe
that is not what you talk about.

Anyway, I can go ahead for the moment.

Thanks again // Jasper.