Lynx on Etch ( again )

>rjnoe@xs4all.nl wrote:
>
>> Links2 is probably much better at rendering webpages, tables, frames,
>> css, even java-script is seems to do.
>
>In terms of the original posting however - I just checked to see if it
>had changed - links2 (like links, elinks), doesn't have a way to display
>UTF-8.  It does have 7-bit approximations (copied from lynx ;-).
>
>I seem to recall some recent bug reports for elinks that hint that the
>developers are working on that (though the nature of the reports makes
>it plain that it's far from usable).
>
>--
>Thomas E. Dickey
>http://invisible-island.net
>ftp://invisible-island.net

I cannot answer to that, but I do have another question on my present
Lynx (-cur) on Etch: I don't get any characters with accents ! They are
left out and then another character might get lost as well, for instance
on the bottom of google.com there is a copyright-sign and then '2006',
which results in '206'.

I did not investigate much myself yet, but maybe there is an easy
answer.

As a sidenote on Links2: I had not seen it yet in its -real- graphical
mode, with the -g switch. It's fun to run it on a console, it is
actually a graphical browser completely independent of X. ( I think. )
For me it is not an alternative for Lynx, but it could be a nice as a
viewer from within Lynx....

Thanks so far, // Jasper.