Re: lvm vs traditional partitioning

On Friday 22 December 2006 17:09, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> I heard lvm can be used to have partitions whose sizes can be changed over
> time in non-destructive way as far as the data is concerned.

Another basic question regarding the use of lvm. If I have traditionally
partitioned harddrive running debian Etch, can I make those partitions use
lvm without loosing any data? I have been reading the HOWTO at
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/ and it does not mention whether all
these commands vgcreate etc., work destructively or non-destructively.

Any ideas?

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Jumpstart your tech career.
University of Phoenix offers the top technology program 100% online.
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/BgLEQfI8hY6yl7WgS6e9Ib5j4aQsw4252aEE/