Re: Should Debian be strictly all-volunteer or should it pay dev

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 06:14:27PM -0500, Carl Fink wrote:

> > > The poll was created to get a feel of the user community, as opposed
> > > to the formal (read: scientific and valid:-) poll of developers.
> >
> > Question: Does it matter outside of Debian Developer Community?
> >
> >   Answer: It doesn't.
>
> I have no horse in this race, but did you consciously just write, "The
> developers don't care what the users think"?

I'm not speaking for greg. I read that as, when it comes down to the
nitty-gritty, no matter what outside factors may influence the
developer's decision, it is ultimately up to them. Do they care what
users think? sure. Does that mean they do what we say? no. Am I making
up questions and answering them? you bet!

Anyway, that's not how I read it. fwiw.

about

.02