Re: How to change a gateway?

On Thu, 2006-21-12 at 21:17 -0500, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 01:28:45PM -0800, Bill wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Well, as you can see from below the file contains statements like
> > "please do not modify the following line."
>
> Do you suppose maybe that every program that creates a configuration
> file with comments like that should further identify itself and the
> files from which it drew the data used to create the file?
>
> Would this be a useful system-wide convention?
>
> -- hendrik

Very useful. And not very difficult either.
If a file should not be modified directly with an editor, it's only
courteous to tell the administrator what tool to use and from there the
man page should suffice for docs.
It would simplify things greatly here for example if I knew what tool(s)
were used to create the interfaces file in the first place!

	b.