Etherconf gone? What do I configure NICs with?

Hello,

Main question: What should I use to setup network cards in Etch?

Details: For the last year or so I've been using the package "etherconf" to
set up secondary network cards and whenever I needed to change the initial
configuration.

Typically I "apt-get install ethconf" and for subsequent changes run
dpkg-reconfigure etherconf.

I just installed a Etch from an rc-1 netinst ISO and apt cannot find etherconf
available in the repository.

I assume this means that something else should be used to configure NICs now,
but what?

Thanks,

	JW

--