Re: local partition backup with rsync

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

I would like to do a local partition backup with rsync.

It works right with a partition that contains /home:

rsync -av --delete /hda10 /sdb7

But it does not work right with the partition that I boot into:

rsync -av --delete --exclude /home --exclude /usr/local --exclude /hda10 / /hdb5

He does it the first time, but the second time, which is supposed to be just an update, he copies all files again and runs out of room.

I know you'll hit yourself on the head for this one, but you need to exclude /hdb5 too... you're recursively backing up your previous backups.

Angelo