Re: icewm & nautilus

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 10:52:28PM +0100, csanyipal wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I installed on an old Toshiba laptop the Debian Etch system.
>
> The windowmanager is icewm and I want to use the nautilus with it.
>
> I try to edit the ~/.xinitrc :
> exec /usr/X11R6/bin/icewm
> exec /usr/X11R6/bin/nautilus
>
> I make .xinitrc executable.
>
> Still the nautilus want not to run automatically after I login from the
> gdm.
>
> What is the solution?
>
> I will appreciate any advices!
>
> --
Hi Paul,
the 'exec' command replaces the current process with it and thus needs
to be the last line of xinitrc. Any other command must (usually) be run
with an '&' to make them run in the background. Each command will run
sequentially in the file, so if you keep them as foreground tasks, then
the second task can only start after the first is quit. so:
command1 &
commmad2 &
exec /usr/X11R6/bin/icewm
is what should be there.