Re: gdm startup window manager and other program

E0x napisał(a):

don't exist a way for startup things ?

On 12/18/06, *Jakub Narojczyk* <narojczyk@ifmpan.poznan.pl <mailto:narojczyk@ifmpan.poznan.pl>> wrote:

    E0x napisał(a):

    > hello i use pekwm ( window manager ) i choose and make it my
    default
    > session in gdm but i want startup some programs after pekwm
    startup ,
    > pekwm have they own startup scritp but i dont want use it
    because when
    > i restart pekwm for something reason the startup file is reading
    again
    > and the program set in it run again to
    >
    > with gdm i try ~/.xsession file , ~/.Xclients , ~/.Xsession ,
    and dont
    > work , even a file in /etc/X11/Xsession.d called startup ( i
    read that
    > in some website ) but dont work , any idea ?
    >
    > thanks

    Hi
    In gdm and kdm also ( I think ) ~/.xsession file will be parsed
    only if
    You choose "default session" in gdm menu.

here is the example of my ~/.xsession file :

kadu&
xscreensaver -nosplash&
wmfire -f 4&
wmdrawer &
conky&
exec fluxbox

All apps prior to fluxbox are startted firs and backgrounded. Lastly fluxbox is started. You can put Your own apps to Your file. Each one should end with "&" - this is important otherwise the system will hang on a given app, till You exit form it - at the end You can strat whaterver wm You want - exec (gnome, kde, fluxbox wmaker etc..). And notice no "&" this time - this is also important otherwise You wont even see Your wm ;)

begin:vcard
fn:Jakub Narojczyk
n:Narojczyk;Jakub
org:Institute of Molecular Physics Polish Academy of Sciences
adr:;;Mariana Smoluchowskiego 17;Poznan;Wielkoposka;60-179;Poland
email;internet:narojczyk@ifmpan.poznan.pl
title:PHD Student
tel;work:(061) 8695151
url:http://www.ifmpan.poznan.pl/zp10/zp10_www.htm