Re: Edit BIOS settings remotely?

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 12/17/06 17:36, Kevin Ross wrote:
We have a Dell PowerEdge server at a remote location.  After a recent
power failure, I came to realize the BIOS was not configured to
automatically turn the computer on after power is restored.  It was easy
enough to call someone at the remote location and have them push the
power button for me, but asking them to hook up a monitor and keyboard,
and to edit the BIOS settings, would be too much.
Since the settings are stored in CMOS memory, are there any programs
that can edit those settings?  I'd rather not have to make a trip down
there.

Package libsmbios-bin might help.

Not too... Suggested package libsmbios-doc contains no docs.

/Mon Dec 18-08:39:16HDC3# dumpSmbios

SMBIOS table
        version    : 2.3
        address    : f0000
        length     : 1231
        num structs: 41

Handle 0x0000
        DMI type 0x0, 20 bytes.

/Mon Dec 18-08:40:28HDC3# dumpCmos
Dump of all Dell-specific CMOS Tokens from table 0xD4:

and nothing else.

Googled this:
http://linux.dell.com/libsmbios/main/cmdlinetools.html

Hugo