Keypress multiplying under X and kernel 2.6.x

Hi,

I've been having a weird problem with X and 2.6.x kernels (I'm
currently running somewhat uptodate unstable using xserver-xorg
1:7.1.0-8 and linux-image-2.6.18-3-486 2.6.18-8). Every now and then,
without any pattern or triggering event that I can determine, CPU usage
spikes to 100% and a keypress is multiplied dozens, hundreds or even
thousands of times. This happens across all different contexts within
X, such as typing text in an application or an xterm, using an
application's hotkeys, and even using the WM's (Xfce) control keys. I
have never seen the problem at the console (not even when X is running
and I shift back to the console with alt-ctrl-F1), and I have never
seen it under kernel 2.4.x (currently kernel-image-2.4.27-2-386
2.4.27-11). Anyone have an idea about what's going on? Should I report
a bug against xserver-xorg or against the kernel?

Celejar

--
ssuds.sourceforge.net - Home of Ssuds and Ssudg, a Simple Sudoku Solver
and Generator