RE: CVS Application

rocky wrote:
> apt-cahce search CVS will pull lots of CVS application on the
> console.  As a newbie to the Linux program development environment, I
> would like to hear your valueble comments on your favorite CVS
> applications!

I have a machine that I've dedicated for CVS.  I installed the "cvs",
"ssh", "ntp", and "bastille" packages, and little else.  I don't use the
CVS pserver (it is insecure), but instead access the CVS machine using
CVS clients on remote machines configured to use the SSH access method.

To simplify matters, I created a Perl script "cvsenv" that I run from
within a Bash shell on remote machines which sets up an interactive
subshell with the right settings:

    http://www.holgerdanske.com/dpchrist/software/

To install and use:

1.  Put cvsenv into your path (e.g. /usr/local/bin).

2.  Copy .cvsenvrc to the home directory of your user account and edit
to suit.

3.  Run cvsenv in your home directory.

HTH,

David